Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Miguel Angel Martin junquera <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 13:03:47 UTC

Pig load data with cassandrastorage and slice filter param

hi all

I trying to load data from cassandra with slice params option but ther are
 no much info about how to use i. I found  only a quick reference in
readme.txt in cassandra project  .../examples/pig

*...*
*Slices on columns can also be specified:*
*grunt> rows = LOAD
'cassandra://MyKeyspace/MyColumnFamily?slice_start=C2&slice_end=C4&limit=1&reversed=true'
USING CassandraStorage();*

*Binary values for slice_start and slice_end can be escaped such as '\u0255'
*
*...**
*

I want to filter the initial load data by day o range dates and I only
found this info about cassandra and pig

   - http://rubyscale.com/blog/2011/03/06/basic-time-series-with-cassandra/
   - http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/advanced-time-series-with-cassandra

I,m going  to try to do a test with  dummy data with Composite column
Family like  anuniqueIDGenerate:timestamp for example or
 anuniqueIDGenerate:stringdate where date is a string with dornat YYY-MM-dd
for example

Another option is use Supercolumn family by day for example ad try to use
slice with this feature

Or another option is create a custom load cassandra but perhaps It´s more
complex and I could this features.

I will appreciate any help or example how I must define cassandra data and
 Pig example load with slice.

Thanks in advance and king regards

Re: Pig load data with cassandrastorage and slice filter param

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
It's easier for people to help if you can give an example of your Column Family, what have tried, what the output was and what you expected.

> > grunt> rows = LOAD 'cassandra://MyKeyspace/MyColumnFamily?slice_start=C2&slice_end=C4&limit=1&reversed=true' USING CassandraStorage();
Appears to be syntactically correct.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant