Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manri Offermann <ta...@eastbeam.co.jp> on 2006/09/13 12:41:05 UTC

DojoAjaxResponseBuilder i18n problem

Hi everybody,

I have some trouble with the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder. My webapp is using
Shift_JIS as the output character enconding.
A DirectLink component with async="true" works in Firefox but fails in IE. I
had a closer look and replaced UTF-8 with Shift_JIS:

    void beginResponse()
    {
        _writer.printRaw("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"Shift_JIS\"?>");

in the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder implementation and my problem is solved. Can
this be changed somehow, that it can be configured or that
"org.apache.tapestry.output-encoding" is used?

Best regards,

Manri Offermann

Re: DojoAjaxResponseBuilder i18n problem

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sure. If you open a JIRA issue I'll remember it. You may run into other
issues with this though, as all the client encoding is done in utf 8.

On 9/13/06, Manri Offermann <ta...@eastbeam.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have some trouble with the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder. My webapp is using
> Shift_JIS as the output character enconding.
> A DirectLink component with async="true" works in Firefox but fails in IE.
> had a closer look and replaced UTF-8 with Shift_JIS:
>
>     void beginResponse()
>     {
>         _writer.printRaw("<?xml version=\"1.0\"
> encoding=\"Shift_JIS\"?>");
>
> in the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder implementation and my problem is solved.
> Can
> this be changed somehow, that it can be configured or that
> "org.apache.tapestry.output-encoding" is used?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Manri Offermann

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer