Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by wizard <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 13:41:24 UTC

Service Mix starter

Hi!

I'm dealing with Service Mix for the first time, and It's quite new to me.

To get started I set my Service Mix up and running, and I tried the
jms-binding example provided.
I started SM with the servicemix.xml that comes with the example and using
jconsole I found the newly set up components for sending and receiving
(nice...). Then I used the provided client (JMSClient.java) with ant to send
a message to the AMQ topic and I received it as expected at the response
topic (great!!). Everything went perfectly until this point!

What I'm trying to do now is to set up a component that will provide a
service (let's say it has a method that does something when requested...).
The idea is to set an AQM topic for receiving requests to that component,
and another topic where the component answers to the service requestor. Any
other way of doing this would be valid, as long as the service provider
component receives the request and sends back and answer.

My problem is that I'm finding it difficult to set up SM so that my service
component gets the request message. Can anyone guide me briefly through the
steps needed to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Service Mix starter

Posted by johper <ka...@hotmail.com>.
One way to start is by downloading the sourcecode
(http://www.servicemix.org/site/source.html )
with Subversion (svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/).
A lot of good samples provided for example in
'<your-trunk-dir>'/apache-servicemix/target/samples.
To be able to build the trunk (http://www.servicemix.org/site/building.html)
you should run these commands:
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step1 install
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step2 install
Note when I build the trunk I always have to run "step1" at least 3 times
for coming to a SUCCESSful build!!
These steps might seems heavy (at least for me first time) but its is worth
the effort!
/johan