Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chamnap Chhorn <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 11:57:51 UTC

QueryElevation Component is so slow

Hi,

I'm using solr 1.4 and using QueryElevation Component for guaranteed search
position. I have around 700,000 documents with 1 Mb elevation file. It turns
out it is quite slow on the newrelic monitoring website:

Slowest Components Count Exclusive Total   QueryElevationComponent 1 506,858
ms 100% 506,858 ms 100% SolrIndexSearcher 1 2.0 ms 0% 2.0 ms 0%
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter() 1 1.0 ms 0% 506,862 ms
100% QueryComponent 1 1.0 ms 0% 1.0 ms 0% DebugComponent 1 0.0 ms 0% 0.0 ms
0% FacetComponent 1 0.0 ms 0% 0.0 ms 0%

As you could see, QueryElevationComponent takes quite a lot of time. Any
suggestion how to improve this?

--
Chhorn Chamnap
http://chamnapchhorn.blogspot.com/