Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/18 00:07:15 UTC

Where is LDAP Proxy Code?

Hello Devs,

I will work on the LDAP proxy project (*Develop a LDAP proxy GUI
*[1]*) *for my gsoc project [2], I got to learn from Emmanuel that
there is already
some work done in this area so am wondering from where I can import the code
of LDAP proxy as I dont find it in the present studio code?

 Can anyone point me to the codebase? and Can you also advice me where to
look (any documentation/JIRA available/background?) in order to have a good
understanding of it (relation with other components etc.)?

I have found out two links [3] [4] for the code and the JIRA after some
quest on internet. Can you please confirm this?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Rahul

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#directory-project

[2] http://code.google.com/soc/

[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/sandbox/old/proxy/src/java/main/org/apache/ldap/

[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-60

Re: Where is LDAP Proxy Code?

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel/Dev,

I was trying to run the already existing proxy standalone so I added
all the libs and finally when i try to launch the proxy
(LdapProxy.java) in eclipse. i get an exception in the following line:

   PropertyConfigurator.configure( System.getProperty(
"log4j.configuration" ) );

Exception:
---
log4j:ERROR Could not read configuration file [null].
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:316)
	at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:342)
	at org.apache.ldap.proxy.impl.LdapProxy.main(LdapProxy.java:167)
log4j:ERROR Ignoring configuration file [null].
usage: java org.apache.ldap.proxy.impl.LdapProxy <localport> <host>
<port> <timeout>

----

As I dont find the log4j.configuration file in the proxy directory. So
I removed this

   PropertyConfigurator.configure( System.getProperty(
"log4j.configuration" ) );

statement from the code and I tried passing the following command line
argument in eclipse and received the following exception in
            self.run( localport, url, port, timeout );

-----
java.net.BindException: Permission denied
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:97)
	at org.apache.ldap.proxy.impl.LdapProxy.run(LdapProxy.java:74)
	at org.apache.ldap.proxy.impl.LdapProxy.main(LdapProxy.java:195)

----
However, I dont know what the log4j.configuration file contains.
Could you please guide me where is the configuration file and what
does it contain? What should I do here to run the proxy?

Many Thanks
Rahul

Re: Where is LDAP Proxy Code?

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.