Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by LOMBART Christophe <Ch...@sword-technologies.com> on 2006/01/05 16:26:55 UTC

VOTE : New Commiter

Hello all,

It is time again to consider adding a new contributor to commit status
for Graffito.

I hereby nominate Alexandru Popescu ( alexandru.popescu <at> evolva.ro)
on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to
contribute to the project on a long-term basis.  His first work will
be mainly focusing on the JCR mapping tools. Seeing Alex in our
commiter team will be a great help for the project. Eg. I can work on
other area like documentation, J2 integration and the upcoming
Graffito modules.

Alex is already imply as commiter in other open source project like
Magnolia and many others. So, he knows how open source projects are
organized.
Alex, can you gives more information on your profile and your planned
work with Graffito ?

Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this
time). Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
Graffito committers  will be counted as binding.

Alex, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be part of the
Graffito project and you willingness/ability to sign and submit a
Contributor License Agreement found at

  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Feel free to decline the nomination if you do not desire commit access
at this time, or if you are unable to sign the CLA for any reason.

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Oliver Kiessler <ki...@inceedo.com>.
> Hello all,
>
> It is time again to consider adding a new contributor to commit status
> for Graffito.
>
> I hereby nominate Alexandru Popescu ( alexandru.popescu <at> evolva.ro)
> on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to
> contribute to the project on a long-term basis.  His first work will
> be mainly focusing on the JCR mapping tools. Seeing Alex in our
> commiter team will be a great help for the project. Eg. I can work on
> other area like documentation, J2 integration and the upcoming
> Graffito modules.
>
> Alex is already imply as commiter in other open source project like
> Magnolia and many others. So, he knows how open source projects are
> organized.
> Alex, can you gives more information on your profile and your planned
> work with Graffito ?
>

> Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this
> time). Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
> Graffito committers  will be counted as binding.
>
> Alex, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be part of the
> Graffito project and you willingness/ability to sign and submit a
> Contributor License Agreement found at
>
>   http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>
> Feel free to decline the nomination if you do not desire commit access
> at this time, or if you are unable to sign the CLA for any reason.

+1

regards,
oliver

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody!

Thanks for the presentation Christophe.
Trying to introduce myself, I would say that my interests are in AOP
(being a committer on AspectWerkz, and a long time user of AspectJ)
and testing (I am the cofounder of TestNG framework). During the last
few months I have been involved in the JCR world, working on projects
using JCR and also being a committer on Magnolia (JCR compliant java
CMS).

As Christophe already mentioned, I will be mainly focusing on the JCR
part of graffito, trying to improve its usability and extensibility. I
have already started by restructuring the exception hierarchy and
provide a consistent exception handling behavior. I will also revisit
the mapping.

Next on my list will be to provide some extensibility points and also
the possibility to configure graffito in IoC way.

thanks in advance for all your votes,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
+1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> #: Raphaël Luta changed the world a bit at a time by saying on
> 1/11/2006 12:11 AM :#
>
>> Be aware that depending on the current load of Jim (the secretary)
>> it may take some days to record and then some more days for the infra@
>> team to activate the account.
>>
>> You're probably looking at an approximate 2 weeks delay here, unless
>> you're lucky.
>>

> Isn't anything you can `optimize´ about this process :-)?

This is the "optimized" version, you wouldn't want to know about the
unoptimized cases !

Jim is a volunteer and all at infra@ are volunteers too, so processes
are longer at the ASF than in a typical corp environment.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
The CLA will be signed and will be submitted tomorrow morning (10hours from now). I will ping you
offline after it has been submitted.

I know about the patching stuff, but for the moment i have some big stuff prepared that would be
really difficult to be merged. Things were discussed on the ml and reviewed, so they are pretty ready.

Waiting a couple of more days will be worth it.

Thanks for the welcome,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Raphaël Luta changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  1/10/2006 11:11 PM :#

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Here is the result :

Re: VOTE : New Commiter

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.
LOMBART Christophe wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>It is time again to consider adding a new contributor to commit status
>for Graffito.
>
>I hereby nominate Alexandru Popescu ( alexandru.popescu <at> evolva.ro)
>on the basis of his sustained interest, quality of work, and desire to
>contribute to the project on a long-term basis.  His first work will
>be mainly focusing on the JCR mapping tools. Seeing Alex in our
>commiter team will be a great help for the project. Eg. I can work on
>other area like documentation, J2 integration and the upcoming
>Graffito modules.
>
>Alex is already imply as commiter in other open source project like
>Magnolia and many others. So, he knows how open source projects are
>organized.
>Alex, can you gives more information on your profile and your planned
>work with Graffito ?
>

>Please vote with your +1 for yes, +0 for abstain, or -1 (not at this
>time). Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
>Graffito committers  will be counted as binding.
>
>Alex, this nomination is conditional on your desire to be part of the
>Graffito project and you willingness/ability to sign and submit a
>Contributor License Agreement found at
>
>  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>
>Feel free to decline the nomination if you do not desire commit access
>at this time, or if you are unable to sign the CLA for any reason.
>
>--
>Best regards,
>
>Christophe

+1