Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Victoria Vitaver <vi...@tt.com.au> on 2005/06/14 07:35:12 UTC

Lenya Wikki Clarification

Hi,

  I have just come across the following inside the
OverviewCocoonKnowledge[1] wikki document:

"Here some selected resources:
     *the supersonic tour of cocoon: deep hidden in the cocoon samples,
but VERY GOOD to start with cocoon Find it in
$COCOON-HOME/samples/blocks/tour/intro/docs/index.html "

However I am having real trouble trying to figure out exactly how to
access these documents/samples. I have installed lenya 1.2.3 (internal
cocoon v 2.1.7)

I normally access lenya on http://{myhost}/lenya/.

Do I have to modify the global-sitemap.xmap in order to allow me to view
the samples ??? Do I need to install something else ??

Help would be really appreciated ..

Vica

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/OverviewCocoonKnowledge

Re: Lenya Wikki Clarification

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Victoria Vitaver schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>  I have just come across the following inside the
> OverviewCocoonKnowledge[1] wikki document:
>
> "Here some selected resources:
>     *the supersonic tour of cocoon: deep hidden in the cocoon samples,
> but VERY GOOD to start with cocoon Find it in
> $COCOON-HOME/samples/blocks/tour/intro/docs/index.html "
>
> However I am having real trouble trying to figure out exactly how to
> access these documents/samples. I have installed lenya 1.2.3 (internal
> cocoon v 2.1.7)

The Cocoon samples are not built when building Cocoon for Lenya.
You have 2 options:
- look at the sources of the samples (in the Cocoon source directory)
- have a separate copy of Cocoon, build it with the default settings
(this will include the samples) & start it; then you can see the samples
running in the browser

--
Wolfgang