Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Randy H <ra...@lmco.com> on 2008/04/15 21:35:18 UTC

Can't control JMS endpoint persistence when using JMS service unit

I have an external software component that needs to receive messaging from a
ServiceMix service (using a JMS service unit binding component).  I want the
messaging to utilize JMS non-persistent delivery.  To do this I converted
the endpoint xbean definition for the service unit endpoint to the newer
SpringJMS provider schema (see below).  I don't want to specify a
replyDestination, as the my service unit binding component is receiving on a
default temporary queue whose name is undetermined at deployment time.  If I
leave the replyDestinationName attribute out, ServiceMix reports a
java.lang.IllegalStateException (see below).  If I supply a
replyDestination, the return message goes to the specified queue instead of
the temporary queue being monitored by my binding component.  All of this
worked nicely until I went to the newer SpringJMS schema (so that I can
control persistence).  Is there any way to have both - persistence control
and reply delivery to a temporary queue?

    &lt;jms:provider service="b:QuickStep"
                  endpoint="endpoint"
                  destinationName="QS/queue/input"
                  replyDestinationName="QS/queue/output"   // remove this
line
                  explicitQosEnabled="true"
                  deliveryMode="1"
                  pubSubDomain="false"
                  priority="5"
                  timeToLive="90000"
                  connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"/>

Here's the exception I get when I remove the resplyDestinationName attribute
from the provider definition:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to choose replyDestination for
exchange InOut[
  id: ID:166.29.99.139-11935855815-2:5
  status: Active
  role: provider