Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com> on 2017/02/01 14:30:31 UTC

Collection will not replicate

I have a collection (1 shard, 2 replicas) that was doing a batch update when
one solr host ran out of disk space. The batch job failed at that point, and
one replica got corrupted. I deleted the bad replica. I've tried several
times since then to add a new replica. The status of the request is
"running" for about 30 minutes or so, then it completes but the new replica
is always "down" and has 0 documents.

The collection only has 15 million docs. Adding a replica to a shard that
small should only take a couple minutes. I haven't seen any errors in the
solr logs during the replication process. Has anyone seen this behavior
before? What should I be looking at for diagnostic purposes?

Thanks for the support
v5.2.1

RE: Collection will not replicate

Posted by "Anatharaman, Srinatha (Contractor)" <Sr...@comcast.com>.
Erick,

Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate your help
I am new to Solr and not from Java background

I have developed the code in Dev on single core and it works perfectly good
On QA box I have installed Solr 6.3 on 2 nodes(SolrCloud)

Made few changes to the code to fit SolrCloud
I have very less time to complete this job in QA
Ultimately I need to load these files on realtime, I am thinking of using flume/Kafka for that
Just to show the progress I need to complete loading these emails text files using dataimporthandler
Herewith I am attaching my code, Please suggest me what could be the issue

Regards,
~Sri

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.
I brought down the afflicted servers, waited 5 min, then brought them back up
very slowly. That fixed the problem. The bad shard was assigned a leader.
Great advice as usual.

Erick Erickson wrote

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.