Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2011/02/20 23:33:17 UTC

shouldn't writeExternal & Co be 'synchronized'?

Hi folks!

Just recognized that all our generated (via PCEnhancer) serialisation/externalisation methods are _not_ synchronized. But usually they should be, isn't?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: shouldn't writeExternal & Co be 'synchronized'?

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think it depends on the object that is being externalized / serialized.
For entities it should be rare that two threads use the same entity at the
same time (sounds like the EM is being shared), and you're probably already
in trouble.

-mike