Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de> on 2007/04/06 23:00:11 UTC

linking the API docs

Hi,

we have a short but (I think) useful snippet of example code in our API
docs:

http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc/overview-summary.html#overview_description

We also have the "Getting started" section on the web site, which only
refers to the demo and doesn't offer code examples:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/gettingstarted.html

I'd like to link from the "Getting Started" to the API example. Is it okay
to just put the above link (lucene.zones.apache.org) in the file or isn't
that supposed to be stable? If that's not okay, the best thing might be to
move the code example to the "Getting Started".

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

Re: linking the API docs

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Can you file this as an issue and assign it to me?  Nigel and I are
working through a few things w/ Hudson and the docs, still.  The gist
of it is that the API and website will be put back on people.a.o.
This will mean that a relative link like api/overview-
summary.html#overview_description should be sufficient.

Thanks,
Grant

Re: linking the API docs

Posted by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de>.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_1_0/api/overview-summary.html#overview_description

Re: linking the API docs

Re: linking the API docs

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I think you can put in the link, just use relative link like in the
site.xml.

-Grant

On Apr 6, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a short but (I think) useful snippet of example code in our
> API
> docs:
>
> http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/
> javadoc/overview-summary.html#overview_description
>
> We also have the "Getting started" section on the web site, which only
> refers to the demo and doesn't offer code examples:
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/gettingstarted.html
>
> I'd like to link from the "Getting Started" to the API example. Is
> it okay
> to just put the above link (lucene.zones.apache.org) in the file or
> isn't
> that supposed to be stable? If that's not okay, the best thing
> might be to
> move the code example to the "Getting Started".
>
> Regards
>  Daniel
>
> --
> http://www.danielnaber.de