Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Kenny Root <ke...@the-b.org> on 2013/12/22 18:43:33 UTC

RFC 5656 support (ECDSA and ECDH)

I just made a patch to MINA SSHD to support RFC 5656 (ECDSA and ECDH). I
would like to contribute this back to the code base, but I'm not sure of
the exact way in which it should be submitted.

Note that this patch has some requirements that should be noted:
1. The required classes such as ECParameterSpec is only available in Java
1.5 or newer.
2. Sun/Oracle's JRE didn't have support for EC on all platforms until Java
7 (I think Solaris was earlier)
3. OpenJDK doesn't have support built-in until Java 8

One mitigation for those JDK problems is that Bouncycastle has worked with
EC for many versions.

Re: RFC 5656 support (ECDSA and ECDH)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Thx for the patches.
I'll try to review them but this may only be at the beginning of january ...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kenny Root <ke...@the-b.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.