Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sumit Shah <ss...@gce2000.com> on 2006/12/07 20:49:56 UTC

[users@httpd] MOD PROXY startup error: undefined symbol: ap_proxy_is_word

Hello All,

I added mod_proxy support on my existing Apache2 installation using 'apxs'.

This is what i did:
prompt> apxs -c -i mod_proxy.c

Then I loaded the module in my httpd.conf.

When I restart Apache i get following error:

Syntax error on line 235 of /home/apache2/httpd/prefork/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/apache2/httpd/prefork/modules/mod_proxy.so into
server: /home/apache2/httpd/prefork/modules/mod_proxy.so: undefined
symbol: ap_proxy_is_word

I looked up on Google and I have seen posts where people had to
reinstall Apache. Can we do it on an existing Apache installation?

Thanks
Sumit