Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by cree <vi...@oswego.edu> on 2009/08/04 22:53:53 UTC

Automated Build Process

Hello All,

I looked through the different guides offered by the site.  I saw there is a
manual way to force a build.  What I am curious to know is if there is an
automated way to force a build.  So for instance, a user commits to the svn
repository.  In which either, can trigger a post-commit hook to ask
continuum to force a build or continuum already knows about the commit and
builds it on its own.

I understand certain pitfalls for doing this process (for instance, if
someone commits many different pieces of code to account for their entire
commit).  If there is a better process I am always open to suggestions, but
I am trying to make it as automated as possible.

I appreciate all suggestions, thank you

Re: Automated Build Process

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM, cree <vi...@oswego.edu> wrote:
> I looked through the different guides offered by the site.  I saw there is a
> manual way to force a build.  What I am curious to know is if there is an
> automated way to force a build.  So for instance, a user commits to the svn
> repository.  In which either, can trigger a post-commit hook to ask
> continuum to force a build or continuum already knows about the commit and
> builds it on its own.

By default Continuum checks the svn repository once an hour, and
builds if there are changes.  You can adjust the schedule.

If you want to do it the other way around, you could have a
post-commit hook that runs something that uses Continuum's XML-RPC
interface to kick off a build.

--
Wendy