Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lars Eirik Rønning <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/03 09:43:41 UTC

Freebsd 7 and batik

Hi.We are currently experiencing somee issues with java on freebsd.
Ourr application performs nicely under windows , and batik -> pdf is its
main task.
The application also reads from activemq to receive the meta xml which is
needed for processing svg to pdf.

My question is this : Has anyone had issues with running either 1.5 diablo
or 1.6 jdk under this platform?
I would be very grateful for any tips on how to improve speed.

A process which takes aprox 1 minute on windows (laptop) takes close to 9
minutes on the freebsd platform.

Re: Freebsd 7 and batik

Posted by Lars Eirik Rønning <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi.
I have now tried to run a jconsole on my application and it uses max 300mb.
Running this on frrbsd with headless will crash at 1gb.. even experinced a
crash on 2gb xmx setting..

Re: Freebsd 7 and batik

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.