Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/15 17:39:25 UTC

[GSOC 2014] Helix dashboard

Hi,

While I was going through GSOC project I found[1], I went through mail
thread[2] seems interesting as I was working with some dashboard, gadgets
and OSAPI [4].

I like to know bit more on[1], regard what time of data level are planing
to show in dashboard and to which level of UI support (HTML5/dragging-
drooping/resposive UI)?

Thanks

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HELIX-60?filter=12326260
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-helix-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCABaj-QZPbN8W6WZ1OZNCFk7yCLFPcmiGV5wHdM=dyd0HbTxQ+Q@mail.gmail.com%3E
[3] http://www.dzone.com/links/r/wso2_user_engagement_server_ues.html
[4]http://madhukaudantha.blogspot.com/search/label/OpenSocial%20container
--
Cheers,
Madhuka

Re: [GSOC 2014] Helix dashboard

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kishore,

I will do comparison over those two[1,2]. Was there any reason to choice
those two?
(If we can expose all operations and detail of Helix as RESt services. We
can look some pure JavaScript/HTML5  Dashboard Project)

[1] http://hawt.io/getstarted/index.html
[2] http://www.playframework.com/

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kanak and Kishore

It seems I will not able participant $subject since my enrollment for
college will not vaild to GSOC.
thought inform here.
But I will help on this task.

Thanks

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
I envision it being a single webapp for both viewing and administration. That webapp could be a single dashboard or multiple. Certainly, we want to have both node-local and cluster-global views (and even cross-cluster views). I haven't thought through the user experience enough to give a good answer.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
I believe the REST API is complete with respect to admin operations. If you see discrepancies in either the API or the documentation, we would really appreciate it if you created a JIRA ticket so that we can address them.

Regarding your other email, we would like to have something with a JVM backend in case we need to expose something that requires direct access to Helix code or even ZooKeeper. Pure AJAX-ish dashboards would force exclusive use of the REST/command line API, which may not be flexible enough moving forward.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kanak,

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
> [...]

>> state will look like if you commit pending changes. Then, once committed,
>> the changes will take place.
>>
>> I hope this was helpful. Feel free to respond if you have any questions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kanak

>>> From: madhukaudantha@gmail.com
>>> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:09:25 +0530
>>> Subject: [GSOC 2014] Helix dashboard
>>> To: dev@helix.apache.org; dev@helix.incubator.apache.org
>>> CC: g.kishore@gmail.com
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> While I was going through GSOC project I found[1], I went through mail
>>> thread[2] seems interesting as I was working with some dashboard, gadgets
>>> and OSAPI [4].
>>>
>>> I like to know bit more on[1], regard what time of data level are planing
>>> to show in dashboard and to which level of UI support (HTML5/dragging-

>>> Madhuka

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kanak

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.