Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Barth <co...@barth-zone.de> on 2006/01/24 20:52:24 UTC

How can I empty the cache?

Hi!

I wrote a generator supplying me with some XML-Data from a Database.
To speed up everything I implemented the Cocoon-Caching mechanism. There I
test, if something in the database has changed. If not, the data is called
from cache.

Everything worked fine here. But I'm still developing and so today I changed
something in the way the XML is presented to cocoon (rearranged some tags).
I also adjusted the XSL-File that's used for processing the data.

The problem now is, that the database-data hasn't changed and so there is
always the old data called from cache.

So, how can I delete this old information from cache?

Thanks,

Barthi

Re: How can I empty the cache?

Posted by Jonas Lundberg <my...@gmail.com>.
If you just want to get rid of the cache for now, then you could try
to delete the contents of the work and temp folders. (For instance
Tomcat 5.5/Work, Tomcat 5.5/temp).

Regards
Hans

Re: How can I empty the cache?

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Yes, I read the other post.  Clearing the cache in that manner doesn't
sound like a very good idea.

I'm just trying to figure out what is going on.  I assume your generator
is a cacheable processing component?  If so, it has a Validity
associated with it.  It sounds like the Validity is returning true
because the database data hasn't changed, but because you changed the
generator the old data is read from the cache.

Now, I'm assuming that this happens after a restart as I am also
assuming that you aren't just dropping your modified class into the
webapp?  If that is the case, then you just need to delete the external
cache file after you have stopped Cocoon.  Then restart it.

Ralph

RE: How can I empty the cache?

Posted by Christian Barth <co...@barth-zone.de>.
Hi!

Re: How can I empty the cache?

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I don't think I understand.

In the first paragraph you say that if the database data hasn't changed
then the cached version is used.  Then you say "The problem now is, that