Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com> on 2018/08/19 12:48:38 UTC

Doing a 1.5.0 C++ release

Hello,

as we are in the process of doing/voting on a repo merge with the Arrow project and also because there was some time since the last release, I would like to proceed with a 1.5.0 release soon. Please have a look over the issues at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PARQUET/versions/12342373 and move the non-critical ones to 1.6.0 or help in fixing those that should go into 1.5.0. Is there anything else currently in progress that should be merged before we release?

Uwe

Re: Doing a 1.5.0 C++ release

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Cool. IMHO the 1.5.0 release does not need to impede the code merge
with Arrow. I think there we need to decide on the particular
procedure for merging the codebases. We should try to do that in
parallel and move over the outstanding patches to the Arrow repo.

Re: Doing a 1.5.0 C++ release

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.

Re: Doing a 1.5.0 C++ release

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.