Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Darren Smith <ds...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/15 05:23:43 UTC

NetBeans IDE: Remote Platform Unavailable for Maven Projects

Hello All,

I'm not really sure how to frame this question, but I'll try and hope
someone can possibly decipher what it is I am asking for.

In Netbeans 11, I can create a Java project, add some libraries and
deploy it remotely to a Raspberry Pi and watch the execution of the
program. I did this by setting up a new Java platform and assign that
remote platform to a different configuration. It works well and I love it!!

The problem I face, is when I create a Java project using Maven to
manage the additional libraries, I suddenly no longer get the option to
assign a remote platform to a configuration. This means I am not able to
remotely deploy the program.

Am I missing something? Has any one else come across this or is it
intended functionality (or lack of) for some reason?

Many thanks

Darren