Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2005/12/20 11:43:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

I like Simon's proposal of calling the new release 0.91beta. The
increase in the version number shows progress towards 1.0 and "beta"
gives an indicator about stability. FOP is certainly more stable and
usable now than an "alpha" level software. On the other side it is not
quite ready for production in every situation. Some important things
like a stable API are also not achieved, yet.

So, I branched Trunk into the "fop-0_91" branch. The legal situation is
unchanged since the last release. Everything should be in order. The
code is quite stable and has received a good number of bugfixes and only
a few new features.

I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this newly
created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)

+1 from me, obviously.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:10, Chris Bowditch wrote:

> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>> I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this
>> newly
>> created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)
>> +1 from me, obviously.
>
> +1 from me too.

... and another +1 from me.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I like Simon's proposal of calling the new release 0.91beta. The
> increase in the version number shows progress towards 1.0 and "beta"
> gives an indicator about stability. FOP is certainly more stable and
> usable now than an "alpha" level software. On the other side it is not
> quite ready for production in every situation. Some important things
> like a stable API are also not achieved, yet.
>
> So, I branched Trunk into the "fop-0_91" branch. The legal situation is
> unchanged since the last release. Everything should be in order. The
> code is quite stable and has received a good number of bugfixes and only
> a few new features.

Well done. You have fixed a few dozen bugs I think since the last release.

> I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this newly
> created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)
>
> +1 from me, obviously.

+1 from me too.

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:43:29AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this newly
> created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)

+1 from me.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:

> I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this newly
> created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)

+1 (but I won't have much time this year to help)

Christian

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I like Simon's proposal of calling the new release 0.91beta.

+1

J. Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
+1 from me.

Re: [VOTE:RESULTS] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
Congratulations team!  (And Merry Christmas everyone!)

Glen

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.91beta

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:43:29AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I'd like to call for a PMC vote to release FOP 0.91beta from this newly
> created branch. (Votes to general@xmlgraphics, please)

+1 from me.

Simon

--