Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2017/06/21 21:14:35 UTC

Mixing distrib=true and false in one request handler?

I’d like to add a suggest component to a search request handler. The search needs to go to all four shards. The suggest needs distrib=false because the dictionary is loaded from a file. When the suggest is distributed, I get four copies of each suggestion.

Is there suggest.distrib=false? Can I set the distrib default in the suggester component instead of in the request handler?

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Mixing distrib=true and false in one request handler?

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
OK. We’re going with a separate call to /suggest. For those of us with controlled vocabularies, a suggest.distrib would be a handy thing.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.