Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Bredesen <cb...@redhat.com> on 2009/10/26 21:56:11 UTC

Affecting SureFire's argLine from another plugin

Hi List,

I'm attempting to write a plugin (my first one; go easy please!) that
has a pretty simple goal:  Discover some scripts/sources and modify
SureFire's execution environment to add a -javaagent with related config
based on the discovered sources.  The first part is easy; I can locate
and parse the source files.

The second part is eluding me:  I need to drive SureFire behavior based
on an earlier phase and I'm not sure how to do this.  If I were to do it
manually, I'd add and argLine to SureFire's <configuration> but this
seems somewhat icky (this confirmed by a discussion in IRC).  I'm libel
to destroy any configured argLine if I replace with my own.  And I don't
see that the argLine is configured until the surefire plugin executes.

Is there a better way to go about all this?  Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Chris