Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/04 16:53:08 UTC

[Release is coming] Tests required

Hi Committer Team and contributor

SkyWalking 6.4.0 milestone is moving fast. Today, all issues and pull
requests in 6.4.0 have been resolved.
I am stopping the new pull request merge unless it is related to bug hotfix
for 6.4.0.

Please begin to test the master branch, and feedback the result or send a
pull request to fix the issue.
I remind several critical issues needs to be verified before release
1. TTL of ElasticSearch storage should be fixed.
2. Pxx metrics should be back to normal, accurate and
p99>=p95>=p90>=p75>=p50
3. UI new features, including new trace view, topology.

I think we could do release next week if no critical issue shows up.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: Contribution interests, was, [Release is coming] Tests required

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Got it, thanks for your explanation, i need some time to learn more about skywalking project. Hope discuss more detail with you. :)

| |
Juan Pan

Email:panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista) Apache ShardingSphere

On 09/8/2019 11:12,Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry type

Tests in most cases would take so much time. SkyWalking would expect
anyone, even PMC members to test all.

would -> wouldn't, we would not expect time and would not take much time
for sure.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月7日周六 下午8:10写道:

Hi Juan

Tests in most cases would take so much time. SkyWalking would expect any
one, even PMC members to test all.
You could have your own demo codes, and run SkyWalking in different
modes/different storages by considering your available time, then provide
feedback.
Someone may use quick start to do smoke tests only. :)

Don't feel pressured. All these are volunteered based, if you have tests
then you checked some parts, which is already a good thing for release and
community.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2019年9月7日周六 下午8:06写道:

I'd be glad to join in skywalking' community. And now it seems that
release 6.4.0 is coming, so i am worried that my slow pace on doing tests
will postpone this release, for now i am responsible for distributed
transaction project.

| |

Juan Pan

Email:panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista) Apache ShardingSphere

Signature is customized by Netease Mail Master

On 09/08/2019 10:34, Sheng Wu wrote:
Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2019年9月7日周六 下午7:33写道:

Looking forward to SkyWalking release 6.4.0. :)

Welcome to test if you want and have time :)

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

---------------------------------
Juan Pan (Trista)
Apache ShardingSphere

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月5日周四 上午12:53写道:

Re: Contribution interests, was, Re: [Release is coming] Tests required

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry type

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juan

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by xin zhang <nz...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

I tested the following scenarios and all works.

1. Collector Cluster + ES

2. Collector + H2

3. Collector + ES

Regards

Xin

Liu Haoyang <li...@hotmail.com> 于2019年9月8日周日 下午11:04写道:

[NOTICE] Releasing 6.4.0, was: [Release is coming] Tests required

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I am glad 6.4.0 has passed the dev team tests.
Thanks all to spend time on it
- Yuguang Zhao
- Xin Zhang, tested twice, including UI recheck
- Weijie Zou
- Zhenxu Ke
- Haoyang Liu

I am going to process the official ASF release for 6.4.0.

Good luck to SkyWalking.

Liu Haoyang <li...@hotmail.com> 于2019年9月8日周日 上午8:04写道:

Posted by Ping King <ro...@gmail.com>.
test environment: 1 skywalking + 1 es.

test compete, have not found obstructive bug.

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月8日周日 下午3:51写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
PR merged.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Weijie

Posted by Ping King <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by xin zhang <nz...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Posted by kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi All:
  I've tested the following:
- Single OAP node with H2 storage, works well;
- Metrics data in ES storage gets removed after TTL, as expected;
- Two OAP nodes, coordinated by Nacos, with ES storage, dynamically configure un-instrumented gateways[1] via Apollo, works well;
- All the UI pages (including topology, trace) of the above cases looks normal;

To summarize, the current master branch looks good to me, look forward to the 6.4.0 release.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/pull/3308

--

GitHub @kezhenxu94
Apache SkyWalking, Apache Dubbo