Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Henning Mersch <hm...@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> on 2004/07/05 10:41:40 UTC

WSDL Violation at paramesters

Hi !

maybe someone can help with this general problem:
If a client calls a method call(Integer int) of a webservice
with int="this is a String and will cause a NumberFormatException"
I get faultcode:Server.userException
      faultstring:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "...."

'cause this is Axis (or java) specific, I would change it to something like
"WSDL Violation - wrong paramester type" or so.

Wouldnt this make more sense ?
or: Why does it not make sense ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Best regards - Henning

RE: WSDL Violation at paramesters

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
If you run a schema validation on your input message, then you'd get an XML
type violation. You can also catch the Java exception on the server and map
it to a SOAP fault.

I always think it's appropriate to map your Java exceptions to platform
neutral SOAP faults.

Anne