Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by sp...@incubator.apache.org on 2004/07/31 09:04:10 UTC

[SpamAssassin Wiki] New: RazorSiteWide

   Date: 2004-07-31T00:04:10
   Editor: WesMorgan <we...@libretech.org>
   Wiki: SpamAssassin Wiki
   Page: RazorSiteWide

   this took me awhile to get working, figured I'd share what I'd learned

New Page:

 * Install Razor (this varies from system to system, see SingleUserUnixInstall for one option)
 * Setup razor's config in a central location such as /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor with these commands:

 {{{razor-client}}}

 {{{razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -create}}}

 {{{razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -discover}}}

 {{{razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -register}}}
 * Make sure permissions are configured correctly
  * This part can get tricky since multiple daemons running under several usernames may be trying to run spamassassin -r, for example (Apache and qmail are two examples from my configuration)
  * One solution is to create a spam group and add all the usernames that need to report spam to that group, then enable that group to use this razor config
  {{{add to /etc/group: spam:812:x:apache,qmailq}}} (Make sure the group id, 812 in this case, is unique. And change the username list to something appropriate for your site.)

  {{{cd /etc/mail/}}}

  {{{chgrp -R spam spamassassin/}}}

  {{{chmod g+ws spamassassin/}}}

  {{{chmod g+ws spamassassin/.razor/}}}

  {{{cd spamassassin/}}}

  {{{chmod g+w *}}}

  {{{cd .razor/}}}

  {{{chmod g+w *}}}
 * Tell spamd where to find Razor's new config file

 {{{add to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf: razor_config /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf}}}
 * Tell razor where it lives

 {{{add to /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf: razorhome = /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/}}}
 * Restart spamd

 {{{/etc/init.d/spamd restart}}}
 * Make sure anywhere you're calling spamassassin in a script/procmail recipe/.qmail file to always use the -C /etc/mail/spamassassin configuration option so it will pick up the razor_config option, and in turn the razorhome setting in razor-agent.conf
 * This configuration allows me to have a "Report as spam" link in IMP (web-based mail client) that calls 'spamassassin -x -C /etc/mail/spamassassin -r' and pipes the message to it while also allowing a .qmail-fake file that pipes the message to the same command (so I can bounce -- '''not''' forward -- spams to fake@mydomain.com to have them reported to razor