Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1996/01/08 00:36:24 UTC

RE: Window-target: header (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 22:42:03 -0500
From: BeachNet <be...@emi.net>
To: 'Alexei Kosut' <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>,
    "new-httpd@hyperreal.com" <ne...@hyperreal.com>
Subject: RE: Window-target: header

Guys,

I have to agree with Alexei ... the use of Location: header causes Apache
to swallow all preceding (to the Location: header) commands such as the
Window-target command in this case ... I am not sure if this is intended
design as the NCSA HTTPd, for example, allows the Window-target: tag
through even when used along with the Location: header ....

Also, the inability to use Netscape tags such as the Window-target: tag
makes things considerably more difficult for Apache operators such as
myself.  I am forced to format all my HTML pages used intended for Netscape
frames in my CGI scripts.  The Location: header would have been more than
useful as well as convenient ....

Would you please advise on the possibility of the Apache patch to make the
use of the Location: header and preceding tags possible?

Hoping the fix is on its way!

Bev.