Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2003/06/04 23:08:12 UTC

SMime library

I recently came across a Java open source SMime library that people
might find of interest...

http://jsmime.sourceforge.net/

"JSMIME is a Java library to sign and/or encrypt E-Mails using the SMIME
standard using many different algorithms and key strengths."

Licensing is not clear, but on SF they've classified it as GPL or LGPL.

I'm going to contact the authors to see if they want to contribute to
James (as well as a related independent Java open source mail server
project), but if someone wants to run with this library, might be able
to do some cool stuff.  I'll update the James Wiki with it as well.

--
Serge Knystautas
President