Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Shengjie Min <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 07:15:32 UTC

SimpleKMeansClustering runs ok locally while IndexOutOfBoundsException on HDFS

   Hi guys,

   I am running the SimpleKmeansClustering exmaple under the env below:

   Hadoop: 2.0.0-cdh4.3.0
   mahout: 0.7-cdh4.3.0

   code is here:
   *http://www.wepaste.com/SimpleKmeansClustering/*
   *
   *
   when I run it in a local model, all the output,clusters folders,files
   just
   worked out perfect. But when I start running it against HDFS, I got
   IndexOutOfBoundsException as below:

   *
   http://www.wepaste.com/SimpleKmeansClustering-IndexOutOfBoundsException/*

   Has anybody run into this before? any thoughts are appreciated!!

   THanks,
   Shengjie

Re: SimpleKMeansClustering runs ok locally while IndexOutOfBoundsException on HDFS

Posted by Gokhan Capan <gk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shengjie,

I believe this means the list of the prior clusters has a zero length.

Could you check if the output of the iteration prior to the failed one is
written to the path you provided properly?

Best

Gokhan