Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Sonavale, Piyush" <so...@sky.optymyze.com> on 2017/10/05 07:29:46 UTC

Inconsistent P-value generated for MLlib linear regression operation

Hello,
We are using apache spark for machine learning operation and need help to better understand a behaviour we are noticing in linear regression operation.

I am attaching the code and the data which we are using.

For the attached data we are getting inconsistent P-value. For some runs we are getting 0.0 as P-value whereas for some runs we are getting NaN.

Note: We know that the data we are using is not appropriate however we want to understand the root cause of this behaviour. Also following are our concerns:

1) Why is there inconsistent behaviour (either it should fail or pass)?
2) Can such scenario be produced for other better dataset also?

I have am attaching the code written in Zeplin notebook and the data which gives inconsistent result.
Please let me know if you find any irregularities with our code.

Thanks and regards,
Piyush Sonavale.

Inconsistent P-value generated for MLlib linear regression operation