Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by eivindsi <ei...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 15:37:38 UTC

Master/slave + cluster leaves messages on slave

I've setup 4 servers (v. 5.5.0) this way:

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3617053/amq_setup.001.jpg

I set up consumers on Node 1 and Node 3.
I start producing messages to Node 1.

Messages are distributed (load balanced) across Node 1 and Node 3 as
expected, so consumers on both nodes receive messages.

Messages produced to Node 1 are written to Node 2 as expected, but messages
that are load balanced over to Node 3 are not deleted from Node 2. If I
produce 1000 messages to Node 1, and 400 of those are delivered via Node 3,
there is 400 messages left on Node 2 when all messages are received from
Node 1 and Node 3 (queueSize = 0 on both).

Am I configuring the nodes wrong, or is this a bug?

activemq.xml for all nodes are attached:

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3617053/node1_activemq.xml
node1_activemq.xml
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3617053/node2_activemq.xml
node2_activemq.xml
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3617053/node3_activemq.xml
node3_activemq.xml
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3617053/node4_activemq.xml
node4_activemq.xml

Re: Master/slave + cluster leaves messages on slave

Posted by eivindsi <ei...@gmail.com>.
OK. My first Jira post, hope I didn't mess it up:

Re: Master/slave + cluster leaves messages on slave

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Sounds like bug. Can you create a test case and raise a Jira?

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net