Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sweth <sw...@cognizant.com> on 2009/10/05 15:06:15 UTC

JMeter not Recording with Citrix

Hi,
 I am trying to record a script using JMeter when connected to a remote
machine through Citrix but the requests are not getting recorded. And when
replaying the working scripts( that have been developed in Local
Environment), error pages are retrieved. Even I tried with recording  by
BadBoy but the same error comes when replayed. Will the Jmeter record the
browser actions when connected to a remote machine through Citrix
Connection?

Kindly help me in solving the issue. Looking forward to your response

Re: JMeter not Recording with Citrix

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
Sweth a écrit :

>Hi,
> I am trying to record a script using JMeter when connected to a remote
>machine through Citrix but the requests are not getting recorded. And when
>replaying the working scripts( that have been developed in Local
>Environment), error pages are retrieved. Even I tried with recording  by
>BadBoy but the same error comes when replayed. Will the Jmeter record the
>browser actions when connected to a remote machine through Citrix
>Connection?
>
>Kindly help me in solving the issue. Looking forward to your response

I think, it is not very simple to emulate ICA protocol => Session
Protocol => ISO Level 6.
 The capture must be done at low level for example at TCP Level. That
means you can't captrure it with http or https proxy.
So you have to use a TCP proxy to capture TCP trames, and after write a
script ( BeanShell, Java Request) to inject in the TCP socket. But you
must know the specifications of ICA protocol, to construct correct ICA
trames.
Perhaps, you can find API ICA on the web to do it...