Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by HE...@HP-SouthAfrica-om1.om.hp.com on 2000/09/20 13:29:10 UTC

FW: Virtual Partitioning in HP-UX 11i

Hello,

Please could you assist us , with  the an HP query below ?

I am looking for some HP-UX 11i information. Could you guys maybe help, or
just point me in the right direction?

We are currently looking at implementing a SI project for a customer,
where we will be using XML as a data transformation "tool". Apparently
there is some native HP-UX XML tools available on HP-UX 11i. We are
specifically looking for the Xalan (an XML DOM implementation from Apache)
C implementation on HP-UX. There is a Xalan Java implementation available
on portico, but for performance reasons we would rather make use of the C
implementation.

Would it be possible to find out:
1) If the Xalan C implementation is available on HP-UX11i
2) If we can obtain an evaluation copy of 11i, (as well as the Xalan C
implementation)

and then also obtain a spec stating the main differences between 11 and
11i. We need to decide wether we should install HP-UX 11 or 11i for the
customer.

Kind Regards

Helen Constantinides
Hewlett Packard Consulting
ITI  Lead

* Voice ……...+27 11 8061451  		*  Cellular………+27 82 4511505
*  Fax …………+27 11 8061353  		* E-mail
.………helen_constantinides@hp.com
* Telnet ……..+27 11 8061451    		* Web Site …….http://www.hp.co.za