Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Novinsky, Stanley J." <St...@jhuapl.edu> on 2015/05/06 23:54:15 UTC

Subversion for Windows

Hi,

I have a question,,,
I Installed Subversion for Windows on a VM and set up a project using TortoiseSVN
We need to access the SVN from remote offices vis https
What is the process to set up the remote access allowing users to access the project?

Thanks

Stan

RE: Subversion for Windows

Re: Subversion for Windows

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.
You'll want to review this documentation:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.html

Why host the Subversion server on Windows? Since it is in a VM, nobody
should care except the person who manages the VM. Install Ubuntu or CentOS,
and go from there. Just a thought.

Eric.

Aw: RE: Subversion for Windows

Posted by Andreas Stieger <An...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> > I also read that Visual SVN can be an option?
>
> Yes, and if you are willing to pay they do a commercial version that integrates with AD (I have not tried it, though).  It depends on your security requirements...

The free version *is* capable of verifying credentials against AD users and groups and as such "integrates" with it. You just have to enter your AD credentials into whatever SVN client you are using and ensure for safe storage. (tick for common builds like TortoiseSVN GUI and cli). The commercial feature "Integrated Windows Authentication" relates to a single-signon like automatic re-use of the credentials of the users logged into the machine.

Andreas

RE: Subversion for Windows

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

Sorry, I meant to reply to the list but hit the wrong button...

I believe they only do httpd binaries?  I have not checked recently.

> *	BitNami WAMP Stack

They do a specific subversion stack (linked above)

> *	WampServer
> *	XAMPP

Not tried these.

> I also read that Visual SVN can be an option?

Yes, and if you are willing to pay they do a commercial version that integrates with AD (I have not tried it, though).  It depends on your security requirements...

> Stan

~ Mark C