Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Sethuramaswamy, Suresh " <su...@credit-suisse.com> on 2014/08/04 20:43:53 UTC

Sqoop Import to Hive excluding a column

Hi,

Am running into an issue where I want to load data everyday into a partitioned table via sqoop from Oracle to Hive , where the partition key is part of the table columns.

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Partition key <partition_column> cannot be a column to import.

Is there any other way I can exclude a particular column from import ( I know - - columns is an option but mentioning 99 columns to exclude  1 out of 100  columns is a painful option).

Suresh Sethuramaswamy