Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/10 14:05:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc3

Dear All,

Let’s try again!

I have made the THIRD RELEASE CANDIDATE of Airflow 1.8.0 available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/> , public keys are available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/> . It is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from earlier releases.

Two issues have been fixed since release candidate 2:

* trigger_dag could create dags with fractional seconds, not supported by logging and UI at the moment
* local api client trigger_dag had hardcoded execution of None

Known issue:
* Airflow on kubernetes and num_runs -1 (default) can expose import issues.

I have extensively discussed this with Alex (reporter) and we consider this a known issue with a workaround available as we are unable to replicate this in a different environment. UPDATING.md has been updated with the work around.

As these issues are confined to a very specific area and full unit tests were added I would also like to raise a VOTE for releasing 1.8.0 based on release candidate 3, i.e. just renaming release candidate 3 to 1.8.0 release.

Please respond to this email by:

+1,0,-1 with *binding* if you are a PMC member or *non-binding* if you are not.

Thanks!
Bolke

My VOTE: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc3

Posted by "yic@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID" <yi...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Hi Siddharth,I found the same issue on "Mark Success". I have opened two tickets [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-869] and [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-870], and I have some thoughts on the fixes in PRs (see comments in the ticket for the PR link). But I guess these functionalities will be shipped as it is in 1.8. I have a workaround that I can modify the database directly instead of using Web UI, but that is definitely not a long term solution. I was told that these Web UI code might be refactored in version 1.8.1.Best,Yi
On Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:51:32 AM PST, siddharth anand <sa...@apache.org> wrote:Folks!
I need to change my vote.. -1 (Binding).

Mark Success/Clear is broken in the UI. It's a regression.

-s

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
PR is done and ready for proper review. Please note:

* The recursive has been removed. It made no sense in my opinion. SubDags and their tasks are always considered.
* It is dependent on existing dag runs. You cannot add a task instance somewhere in the middle of no-where.
* It will create dag runs for subdags to ensure consistency.

Cheers
Bolke

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Davydov <da...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Davydov <da...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by siddharth anand <sa...@apache.org>.
Folks!

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.
+1 (binding)

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc3

Posted by siddharth anand <sa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc3

Posted by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>.
awesome! thanks Jeremiah

Posted by siddharth anand <sa...@apache.org>.
Deployed to stage and will watch over the weekend before voting.
-s

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>.

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.