Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 07:23:29 UTC

A question of QJM with HDFS federation

Hi dears,
I deployed Hadoopv2 with HA enabled using QJM, so my question is:

1) if we also configured HDFS federation,  such as:

    NN1 is active, NN2 is standby
    NN3 is active, NN4 is standby

they are configured as HDFS federation, then,
Can these four NNs using the same Journal nodes and ZKs?

if your answer is yes, does that enough just using different
dfs.journalnode.edits.dir?

such as:
NN1 and NN2 configured dfs.journalnode.edits.dir as /data1,
NN3 and NN4 configured dfs.journalnode.edits.dir as /data2

Thanks.

Re: A question of QJM with HDFS federation

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

If they are two separate cluster, instead of federated, haing the same
cluster ID, but using different name service ID, so can they use the same
journal nodes and ZK nodes?

and if they are also separated cluster, with different clusterID, but using
the same name service ID, so can they use the same journal nodes and ZK
nodes?

Thanks.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, Harsh.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, Harsh.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, Harsh.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, Harsh.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Azurry,

QJM:

Yes, multiple nameservices can share a single QJM set. The QJM
configuration allows for a journal ID prefix path which you should
configure to be the nameservice ID. You do not need to change disk
paths/etc. at all.

For example,

NS1 NNs can have the dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir configured as:
qjournal://node1.example.com:8485;node2.example.com:8485;node3.example.com:8485/NS1

NS2 NNs can have the dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir configured as:
qjournal://node1.example.com:8485;node2.example.com:8485;node3.example.com:8485/NS2

--
Harsh J

Re: A question of QJM with HDFS federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Azurry,

--
Harsh J

Re: A question of QJM with HDFS federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Azurry,

--
Harsh J

Re: A question of QJM with HDFS federation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Azurry,

--
Harsh J