Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Cyril Vidal <cy...@planetexml.com> on 2002/11/19 12:01:59 UTC

SOAP Apache 2.2 and header blocks.

Hi,

I have problem to set a Header into a SOAP Message with Apache SOAP 2.2

Here's the code to add a header to my message, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

When I look at the message by example through TunnelGui, I can't see my header.

Does Apache support the Header blocks or not?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

Cyril.

// create a vector for collecting the header elements

Vector headerElements = new Vector();

// Create a header element in a namespace

org.w3c.dom.Element headerElement =

doc.createElementNS(URI,"jaws:MessageHeader");

headerElement.setAttributeNS(URI,"SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand","1");

// Create subnodes within the MessageHeader

org.w3c.dom.Element ele = doc.createElement("From");

org.w3c.dom.Text textNode = doc.createTextNode("Me");

org.w3c.dom.Node tempNode = ele.appendChild(textNode);

tempNode = headerElement.appendChild(ele);

ele = doc.createElement("To");

textNode = doc.createTextNode("You");

tempNode = ele.appendChild(textNode);

tempNode = headerElement.appendChild(ele);

ele = doc.createElement("MessageId");

textNode = doc.createTextNode("9999");

tempNode = ele.appendChild(textNode);

tempNode = headerElement.appendChild(ele);

headerElements.add(headerElement);

//Create the SOAP envelope

org.apache.soap.Envelope envelope = new org.apache.soap.Envelope();

//Add the SOAP header element to the envelope

org.apache.soap.Header header = new org.apache.soap.Header();

header.setHeaderEntries(headerElements);

envelope.setHeader(header);

_______________________________

Cyril Vidal
Email: cyril@planetexml.com
Web: http://www.planetexml.com

Re: SOAP Apache 2.2 and header blocks.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
What do you see if before you call Message#send you do

    System.println(env.toString());

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Did you see my response?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-user&m=103772521700552&w=2

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Did you see my response?

Re: Accessing web service from an applet

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
javadoc should not care what kind of source it's being run on.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Posted by John Kirksey <jo...@verizon.net>.
Scott,

Posted by John Kirksey <jo...@verizon.net>.
Thanks to all for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

Regards,

John Kirksey

Posted by John Kirksey <jo...@verizon.net>.

Posted by John Kirksey <jo...@verizon.net>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
For security reasons, an applet can only connect to the host from which
is was loaded.  See, e.g., http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#socket.

The two things I have done to get around this are (1) set up a proxy on
that host or (2) delegate actions to servlets.  In your case, you could
also consider writing proxy SOAP service classes.  Your applet would
make SOAP calls to the host from which it was loaded.  The services on
that host would be clients of the real services, forwarding parameters
received from the applet to the real service, then forwarding responses
from the real service to your applet.

Scott Nichol

Hello, I am new to Java web services; all of my experience is with
Microsoft's SOAP toolkit.

Is it possible to access a web service from an applet? I am a part time
Information Systems student, and I want to have an applet that connects
to a stock quote service (among other things).

I have installed the Apache toolkit and tested the sample stock quote
client, and it works perfectly. I have even used several other web
services on Xmethods.com, each successfully. When I convert the code to
an applet, I am now getting:

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
John Kirksey wrote:

> Is it possible to access a web service from an applet? I am a part time
> Information Systems student, and I want to have an applet that connects
> to a stock quote service (among other things)....

> (java.net.SocketPermission 66.28.98.121:9090 connect,resolve)

If you're not at all concerned about security, you can probably get it
to work by putting your applet jar in your lib/ext directory, which by
default gives it AllPermissions. Note that you may have more than one
lib/ext directory, e.g. one for the JDK and one for the JRE; for play
purposes it may be easier to drop it into all than figure out which
is being used by the browser, but if you're using the Java Plug-In
it's not hard. (On Windows: Start/Settings/Control Panel/Java Plug-In,
click Advanced tab, choose a specific "Java Runtime Environment".)
   If you are concerned about security, then the problem with this
solution is that you may then also need to move other jars into the
same directory, e.g. soap.jar and so forth; if they are "below" your
applet's own jar in the classloader hierarchy, then they won't be
seen even though they are on the classpath. Life is difficult; do
you want to give these guys AllPermissions? You can't write a
distributable app that way unless everybody you distribute it to
trusts you completely...but it may be what you want, for now.

Tom Myers

Re: Accessing web service from an applet

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Hi

This is all that I know and in fact I never used applets. So if there is
someone qualified to explain this better...

All I can say is this is related to java architecture. In fact this is the
way it should happen. An appled is runned in a sandbox. That means that you
are not allowed to do certain things like: accessing the local disk, use
internet connections (except to the server where the applet was downloaded
from), access informations from local machine... and so on.

If you HAVE TO create an Applet, you could download the Java Plugin that
allow the applet to run with the jre installed from java (and not default
java machine from the browser) and provide some security mechanisms that
allows trusted applets to access several services (like allow it to open an
internet connection, or access the local information and so on).

there is another posibility... to sign your jar (or cab if for windows)...
but never understood how. :o(((

Hope it (somehow) helps
dovle

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Hi

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.

Posted by John Kirksey <jo...@verizon.net>.
Hello, I am new to Java web services; all of my experience is with Microsoft's SOAP toolkit.

Is it possible to access a web service from an applet? I am a part time Information Systems student, and I want to have an applet that connects to a stock quote service (among other things).

I have installed the Apache toolkit and tested the sample stock quote client, and it works perfectly. I have even used several other web services on Xmethods.com, each successfully. When I convert the code to an applet, I am now getting:

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.