Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/08/08 22:12:25 UTC

Re: jdbc.odbc No suitable driver

cib wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I'm still stuck with esql, but as a really beginner, I just start to read
> the logs files.
>
> Here is what I get
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>
> I'm trying to access a microsoft Access97 database, (just to understand how
> all this works, before moving to mysql)
> I've declared: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
>
> in web.xml
>
> <init-param>
>       <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>       <param-value>
>         <!-- For IBM WebSphere: -->
>         com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
>         <!-- For Database Driver: -->
>         org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
>  <!-- For Odbc Access Driver: -->
>  sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
>       </param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> But in fact, the system doesn't even find the com.ibm.servlet.... driver.
> Where should there be?

It only exists for WebSphere.  If you remove it, you won't see any change in
functionality.

> I've found a jdbcodbc.dll, in my jdk and copied it in windows system, but it
> doesn't help.

That shouldn't.  Your dll only needs to be in the path, or magic locations that
the JDK knows about.  I wouldn't move any of it's dlls around.

> Can someone help me?
> Why does the system is hanging on for hours when the browser calls the xsp
> page calling the driver?
> (running C2 with Tomcat4  and G:\jdk1.3.1 on win95)
> Really thanks to any helper.

There are alot of issues with the JdbcOdbcDriver bridge.
If you search the list archives for that topic, you will come up with a wealth
of information.