Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au> on 2006/11/09 22:33:06 UTC

XCode version on Mac OS X.

Ron, can you do me a favour and tell me which version of XCode you
are using, the one that came with the box or whether you might have
access to the version of XCode that was released at Mac WWDC in
August or the one released just recently to ADC members.

The easiest way is to look at the build number output from gcc with
the -v option.

graham-dumpletons-powerbook-g4-15:~ grahamd$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-apple-darwin8
Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5341.obj~1/src/configure --disable-checking -enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man --enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.0/ --with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 --with-slibdir=/usr/lib --build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --host=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --target=powerpc-apple-darwin8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5341)

I have the version of XCode from before WWDC installed. We are still
renewing our ADC membership so haven't got access to more recent
version yet.

I ask, as there was a potential issue with gcc from XCode released at
WWDC not being able to link mod_python. Details of this issue can be
seen at:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-186

I want to see if this was something specific to that one person or there
is actually an issue.

Thanks.

Graham

Ron Reisor wrote ..

Re: XCode version on Mac OS X.

Posted by Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu>.
Hi Graham,

    Apple called it Xcode 2.4.1 and it was released maybe a month ago. I
didn't try building mod_python-3.3 with Xcode 2.4.

    Here's what gcc says:

[zim:~] ron% gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-apple-darwin8
Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5367.obj~1/src/configure
--disable-checking -enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man
--enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++
--program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.0/
--with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 --with-slibdir=/usr/lib
--build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --with-arch=nocona --with-tune=generic
--program-prefix= --host=i686-apple-darwin8 --target=i686-apple-darwin8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
[zim:~] ron%

cheers,

Ron