Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/04 10:20:18 UTC

Cornerstone bars

Cornerstone contains many reference implementations of components and three most excellent demos
(helloworld, httpproxy, simpleserver).

I think the dist target should deliver a bar for each reference implementation and one for each
demo.  I say one for each demo as it will make life easier for newbies (when we become inundated
with them some week soon).  Separate bars for reference components, will give a coder a better
view of what they a bundling for a solution.

-PH

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Cornerstone bars

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 08:28  4/3/01 -0800, Paul Hammant wrote:
>> >with them some week soon).  Separate bars for reference components, will
>> give a coder a better
>> >view of what they a bundling for a solution.
>>
>> I agree - when you do it you can also separate the services.* .class files.
>> I think We should set manifest entries such as
>>
>> Avalon-Service: true
>>
>> much like we do now with
>>
>> Avalon-Block: true
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
>Yup, though not as au fait with the blocks as yourself, Fede, Berin etc
(aka "the Doers").  I
>could easily split the build up, but the maifest changes I think should be
overseen by someone
>else.

Thats why we have CVS ;) Any change can be rolled back if needed. Just have
a hack ;)

>I might take on board documentation for HelloWorld and ProxyServer as I
had induicated I would in
>November!

Excellent

Cheers,