Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@apache.org> on 2020/09/10 16:48:22 UTC

Notification of analysis on publicly available project data

Dear PMC,

I’m contacting you because your project has been selected by the ASF D&I
committee which is leading a research project to evaluate and understand
the current state of diversity in our community [1]. As part of this
research, we will analyze publicly available data about your project such
as Git logs, Jira boards and mailing lists, to better understand the state
of diversity in Apache projects and to complement the findings we obtained
from the Community Survey that was run this year [2].

This analysis will be performed by Bitegia [3], a vendor specializing in
researching open source projects and foundations. The results will be
published in a report similar to the OpenStack Foundation Analysis
published in 2018 [4].

The analysis will be done only on aggregated data at the project level during
and after processing, ensuring we do not report anything that could
identify a single individual. The data we analyze will be deleted right
after the research is done and won’t be retained by either the researcher
or the ASF.

If you have any concerns or questions, please raise them to the diversity
committee (dev@diversity.apache.org) and/or to the data privacy committee (
privacy@apache.org).

Regards,

Griselda Cuevas

V.P. of Diversity and Inclusion

Apache Software Foundation

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=127405614

[2] https://youtu.be/4Mr1CRtKqUI

[3] https://bitergia.com/bitergia-analytics/

[4] https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/2018-gender-diversity-report/

Re: Notification of analysis on publicly available project data

Posted by Gris Cuevas <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi Ishan, no action needed, this is just a notification.
Thanks for confirming.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Christian. I guess "... the findings we obtained from the
Community Survey that was run this year" was kind of tantalizing :)

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorge Montoya <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello Miss Cuevas:  please be more specific about what  project?

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@apache.org>.
re:Availability of survey findings, you can see a read out deck here [1]
and the readout video here [2].

@Rodrigo, thank you so much for sharing your research. I'm adding Daniel
Izquiero, the researcher who helped us lead the ASF research and Anita
Sarma, who led from the Oregon State University side and also with deep
expertise in Gender diversity.

At the moment, we're getting close to finish the initial research, but
would love to stay connected with you to augment our findings.

@Daniel Izquierdo <di...@bitergia.com> @Sarma, Anita
<An...@oregonstate.edu> -- anything you'd like to add?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/The+2020+Community+Survey+Readout
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mr1CRtKqUI

Fwd: Notification of analysis on publicly available project data

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,