Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Eric Riebling <er...@cs.cmu.edu> on 2008/11/18 16:48:25 UTC

granting code to Apache UIMA project

Greetings,

Carnegie Mellon would like to grant code to the Apache UIMA project, in
the form of two support tools we have created:

 * UIMA Component Repository (UCR): A web portal for
upload/download/review of UIMA components, type systems, etc. Based on
Java and existing tools (e.g. Tomcat).

 * UIMA Component Container (UCC): A Java system that supports
server-side execution of distributed UIMA services on data supplied from a client
web browser.

This message is intended to initiate discussion about whether such a
grant makes sense, and if so, what the concrete next steps should be in
preparing the software.

(On the legal side, we have engaged CMU's tech transfer office regarding
the grant letter from CMU, and we are working out the details with them
now.)

Thank you for your consideration,

Eric Riebling, Senior Research Programmer
Eric Nyberg, Professor

School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University

Re: granting code to Apache UIMA project

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Hi Eric,

that sounds very interesting.  There seems to be
a lot of interest in this kind of application
recently, cf. the U-compare announcement.

I assume that's the code that is driving the CMU
repository, at least the portal part?  If we accept
this code donation, will you be able to
continue working on it, fix bugs etc?

--Thilo