Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Cooper <da...@wmode.com> on 2002/10/17 22:48:55 UTC

tcpmon in Axis

I am sorry to just drop this to the mailing list but here goes...  Hopefully
what I have done is useful for someone else too...

I have added (trivial) support for specifying the 'local' host to bind the
socket to.  This is useful (for example) when debugging traffic to an
'active' server which happens to use a fully wildcard listen.  In this case
if the tunnel listens on the active host-ip or localhost then all requests
will go through the tunnel which can then forward them to the 'real' server
(listen on host-ip:80 forward to localhost:80 is what I commonly do).  If
you needed to forward both localhost and host-ip at the same time you would
need a 'back-door' or an alias-ip address to pass requests to the real
server.

Anyhow, here are the code changes as a context diff and the new source file.
I did not put any entries in the properties file for the new strings (not
really knowing what I should do there - I am sure someone else will).  The
diffs are against the version dated mid september from the axis 1.0 release,
let me know if they do not take and I can send the original.

David Cooper
Wmode Inc.
email: david.cooper@wmode.com