Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/26 18:17:33 UTC

reactor and plugin dependencies & the reactor

I'd like to have a multi-module project in which module (a) builds the
code of an ant task, and module (b) lists module (a) as a dependency
of the antrun plugin to use it. I have a vague memory that this isn't
going to work in the reactor. Can anyone tell me if I'm inventing a
problem?

Re: reactor and plugin dependencies & the reactor

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
It is a bit hard to know what you want to do but it seems that you are
using module (a) to build something that needs to be deployed to
someplace prior to module (b) trying to use it.

I guess that the trick it give Maven a property that tells Module A
where to deploy the Antrun file and tells module (b) where to look for
the file.
This might be possible using a parent POM to define the property that
both modules use to construct a location where the file can be put and
found.

I hope that this helps.
Ron

> I'd like to have a multi-module project in which module (a) builds the
> code of an ant task, and module (b) lists module (a) as a dependency
> of the antrun plugin to use it. I have a vague memory that this isn't
> going to work in the reactor. Can anyone tell me if I'm inventing a
> problem?

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc