Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2002/02/27 06:36:14 UTC

xsp engine hangs after upgrading to 2.0.1

hey guys. i was trying to help someone convert a webapp from 2.0.0 to
2.0.1. we replaced all of the libraries and logkit conf file, and merged
the cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap changes. so far, so good. started up
tomcat and saw that the sitemap compiled properly, hooray.

however, when we tried to hit a pipeline starting with an xsp page, the
webapp never responded. the jvm started using almost 100% of the cpu but
nothing ever happened. the logs indicate that the request is directed to
the proper pipeline, and then it looks like it tried to create a component
for the xsp page, but nothing interesting happens thereafter. the .java
file for the xsp page is never created, and there are no stack traces or
any other useful debugging information in the logs.

it's running on an nt box, jdk-1.3.1, tomcat-4.0.2. any suggestions?

(apologies if this belongs on the users list, but i thought the active
developers would be interested to know of problems upgrading. the webapp
does work fine with 2.0.0)

- donald

RE: xsp engine hangs after upgrading to 2.0.1

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > it's running on an nt box, jdk-1.3.1, tomcat-4.0.2. any suggestions?
>
> 4.0.2? Did you make Cocoon work with 4.0.2? I've seen only negative

cocoon-2.0.0 works without problem in tomcat-4.0.2 after you do one little
thing. you have to copy xml-apis.jar into tomcat's 'lib' directory or else
it fails trying to load some JAXP class, i can't remember which offhand,
some sort of Resolver in the trax api i think. i can post the full strack
trace if it would be helpful. looks like something is trying to use the
wrong classloader?

the cocoon-2.0.1 sample webapp seems to work fine, but the custom webapp
in question fails; at least, its xsp pages fail.

> > (apologies if this belongs on the users list, but i thought the active
> > developers would be interested to know of problems upgrading. the
> webapp
> > does work fine with 2.0.0)
>
> Just for a case:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101475379116939&w=2
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101467171202593&w=2

we'll give tomcat-4.0.1 a whirl. thanks.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Donald Ball [mailto:balld@webslingerZ.com]
>
> hey guys. i was trying to help someone convert a webapp from 2.0.0 to
> 2.0.1. we replaced all of the libraries and logkit conf file, and
merged
> the cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap changes. so far, so good. started up
> tomcat and saw that the sitemap compiled properly, hooray.
>
> however, when we tried to hit a pipeline starting with an xsp page,
the
> webapp never responded. the jvm started using almost 100% of the cpu
but
> nothing ever happened. the logs indicate that the request is directed
> the proper pipeline, and then it looks like it tried to create a
component
> for the xsp page, but nothing interesting happens thereafter. the
.java
> file for the xsp page is never created, and there are no stack traces
or
> any other useful debugging information in the logs.
>
> it's running on an nt box, jdk-1.3.1, tomcat-4.0.2. any suggestions?

4.0.2? Did you make Cocoon work with 4.0.2? I've seen only negative

> (apologies if this belongs on the users list, but i thought the active
> developers would be interested to know of problems upgrading. the
webapp
> does work fine with 2.0.0)

Just for a case:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101475379116939&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101467171202593&w=2

> - Donald

PS I did not tried TC4.0.2 by myself yet

Regards,
Vadim