Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by bhakti <bh...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/04/24 09:38:35 UTC

Taxes with supplier

Hello,

As per my knowledge taxes in purchase orders are not determined on the
address of suppliers.
It is determined on the geo id of tax authority and the ship-to geo id,
which is internal organization address in purchase order case.

I want to customize it for the supplier having stores in different states.

I want to select the address of supplier as we select the ship to address
and then taxes should be applied based on the geo id of supplier address.

Can anyone please suggest whether this concept is right?

Re: Taxes with supplier

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Bhakti and Jacques,

See also the threads at:

http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Discussion-Potential-Data-Model-Improvements-tp3390620p3446992.html
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Problems-with-initial-tax-setup-td3436439.html#a3446890
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Tax-calculation-for-all-order-adjustments-td4153757.html#a4254879
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Display-VAT-on-checkout-pages-td3386374.html#a3390807

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Jacques Le Roux wrote

-----
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.cohsoft.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: Taxes with supplier

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "bhakti" <bh...@yahoo.co.in>

Re: Taxes with supplier

Re: Taxes with supplier

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "bhakti" <bh...@yahoo.co.in>
> Hello,
>
> As per my knowledge taxes in purchase orders are not determined on the
> address of suppliers.
> It is determined on the geo id of tax authority and the ship-to geo id,
> which is internal organization address in purchase order case.
>
> I want to customize it for the supplier having stores in different states.
>
> I want to select the address of supplier as we select the ship to address
> and then taxes should be applied based on the geo id of supplier address.

This makes only sense if the order is sent in the geo of the supplier... At least from a VAT perspective...

Jacques