Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Melkersson <er...@liu.se> on 2007/03/21 09:06:29 UTC

mod_jk/1.2.21, jkstatus does not display runtime state of load balanced threads, only N/A

Hi!
I've got an apache (1.3.33) with mod_jk (1.2.21) connecting to two
tomcats (5.5.17) on other servers using a load balacer. (All running
debian.) I also have mounted a jkstatus on a directory.

My problem is that the jkstatus is never displaying the runtime state of
the workers. I always get "N/A" in the "Balancer Members" under the
"Stat" column.

I've started it with working tomcats, tomcats blocked by a firewalls and
pointing towards localhost (that doesn't have any tomcats at all) but
all i get is "N/A".

I've read all I could find on http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
but without result and no good hits using google. (jkstatus I find, but
info on the state is worse).

Am I missing something obvious somewhere?

I'll paste my settings below in case someone can help me.

Btw: Thanks to the people who wrote and added stuff to:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html
Really nice page, setting it up initially worked very well following the
instructions there.

Regards Erik Melkersson

httpd.conf:
**********
LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile     logs/httpd/mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info

<Location /test/jkmanager/>
     JkMount jkstatus
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn]
</Location>
<Location /test/cms/>
   SetEnv JK_WORKER_NAME cms
   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
   ErrorDocument 503 /index-cmsfail.html
</Location>

worker.properties
*****************
worker.list=servlethotel,cms,jkstatus

worker.jkstatus.type=status

worker.servlethotel.type=ajp13
worker.servlethotel.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.servlethotel.port=8009
worker.servlethotel.socket_timeout=10

worker.cms.type=lb
worker.cms.balance_workers=cmsfront2,cmsfront3

worker.cmsfront2.type=ajp13
worker.cmsfront2.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.cmsfront2.port=8009
worker.cmsfront2.lbfactor=1
worker.cmsfront2.redirect=cmsfront3

worker.cmsfront3.type=ajp13
worker.cmsfront3.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.cmsfront3.port=8009
worker.cmsfront3.lbfactor=1
worker.cmsfront3.activation=disabled

# Note: the servlethotel-worker is pointing to another tomcat and
# should not be involved but it is in my file so I let it be there
# for "completeness sake"

Re: mod_jk/1.2.21, jkstatus does not display runtime state of load balanced threads, only N/A

Posted by Erik Melkersson <er...@liu.se>.
I have now been able to make it work on another minimalistic server
using the same worker.properties. It displays the runtime state. Now I
"only" have to find out what differs, that makes the status worker fail
getting runtime state. (It's a lot that differs so that may take a long
time :-/ )
Regards Erik Melkersson

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Please open a bugzilla issue and attach the relevant parts of your
mod_jk config (jk directives from httpd.conf and workers.propertiers and
uriworkermap.orperties, if applicable).

Posted by Erik Melkersson <er...@liu.se>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Erik Melkersson <er...@liu.se>.