Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jason Hutcheson <ja...@goengroup.com> on 2005/08/16 21:59:40 UTC

Uploaded Temp File Resolution

Gang:

I have implemented the MyFaces file upload with JSF article.
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/07/13/jsfupload.html

I have had success with this init-param of the <filter> tag.
<init-param>
    <param-name>uploadRepositoryPath</param-name>
    <param-value>/temp_upload</param-value>
    <description>Set the path where the intermediary files will be
stored.</description>
  </init-param>

The uploaded files are being saved to the specified directory, such as
upload_00000012.tmp, upload_00000002.tmp, upload_00000005.tmp, etc.

I am wondering if there are any built in ways to keep the name of the
original file, or should I just use a round about method of copying the
file, naming it using the file.name field, and plopping it into another
directory?

Sincerely,

Jason