Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Carlo Camerino <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 14:56:40 UTC

How TO Determine A File Name in repository Coming From The UUID

Hi,

As per my understanding of Jackrabbit it store the files in the file system
with its uuid.

000edb659bf4ada0c0f5a8c9b30ed3183de8d061

for example

this would be stored as

00/0e/db/000edb659bf4ada0c0f5a8c9b30ed3183de8d061

but in the jackrabbit db

it's stored with UUID_ with this kind of format

45dd51a1-2704-47bc-9e9a-b865b247a305

question is, how do iget the file name given that i have a uuid?

Re: AW: AW: How TO Determine A File Name in repository Coming From The UUID

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 02/09/2011 03:52 PM, Seidel. Robert wrote:
> you can export the whole repository and import the data into a new repository.

An even better way is to use the backup/migration support added in
Jackrabbit 1.6, see:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html#StandaloneServer-Backupandmigration

--
Jukka Zitting

AW: AW: How TO Determine A File Name in repository Coming From The UUID

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.
Hi Carlo,

you can export the whole repository and import the data into a new repository.

See method javax.jcr.Session#exportSystemView for details

Kindly regards, Robert

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

>is there any utility i could use to convert the file data store to a
>database datastore/

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore#FAQ : "Migration:
currently there is no special mechanism to migrate data from a blob store
to a data store. You will have to convert the whole repository, see also
BackupAndMigration <http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupAndMigration>."

Posted by Carlo Camerino <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.
Hi Carlo,

Jackrabbit stores files with the hash value of the binary. That is something like 000edb659bf4ada0c0f5a8c9b30ed3183de8d061. This value is internally stored within the specific property.

The uuid you have a unique identifier of the node - it has nothing to do with the hash of the binary.

To get the hash of a binary property from the uuid of the node:

 1. Get the node: If you have the uuid of a node, you can create a query and search for the node.
 2. Get the value: Now you can call something like node.getProperty("<NameOfTheProperty>").getValue to receive the value of your binary property.
 3. Get the hash: This value can be casted to JackrabbitValue and there you have the method getContentIdentiy that gives you the hash of the binary...

Kindly Regards, Robert