Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 18:17:59 UTC

[C++] Making portable

In SCDL, <implementation.cpp> elements specify the name of a DLL or
shared library containing the implementation of a component.

On Windows: <implementation.cpp dll="Accounts.dll"/>
On Linux: <implementation.cpp dll="libAccounts.so"/>

This is not portable, our samples currently need two different
sca.module files for Windows and Linux and some magic in the build
scripts to copy and use the platform specific one.

I suggest the following change:
  <implementation.cpp dll="Accounts"/>
we will load Accounts.dll on Windows
we will load libAccounts.so on Linux

This change would have to be proposed to the SCA specification folks as
well.

Any thoughts?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] Making portable

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Sebastien,

I have raised a Jira for this and have also raised it in the spec group.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-494

My solution also adds an optional path= attribute which is a relative path
(from the module root) to the dll.

Cheers,

On 04/08/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In SCDL, <implementation.cpp> elements specify the name of a DLL or
> shared library containing the implementation of a component.
>
> On Windows: <implementation.cpp dll="Accounts.dll"/>
> On Linux: <implementation.cpp dll="libAccounts.so"/>
>
> This is not portable, our samples currently need two different
> sca.module files for Windows and Linux and some magic in the build
> scripts to copy and use the platform specific one.
>
> I suggest the following change:
> <implementation.cpp dll="Accounts"/>
> we will load Accounts.dll on Windows
> we will load libAccounts.so on Linux
>
> This change would have to be proposed to the SCA specification folks as
> well.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien